Strange but True: You can easily remove most scratches from 1.60 and 1.66 product with a bowl of water and a microwave.
1. Place scratched lens(es) in a bowl of water. Use enough water to ensure the lenses remain covered during the heating period.
Important: Do not microwave AR coated lenses.
2. If multiple lenses are placed in the same bowl, make sure the lenses do not touch one another.
3. Heat the bowl of water containing the lenses in the microwave for 5 minutes on "high."
4. Allow the lenses to cool in the water for 10 to 15 minutes before handling.
5. Remove the lenses from the water and the scatches will have disappeared!